The Tarcutta Valley Landcare Group serves landholders and community groups surrounding the Borambola, Tarcutta, Humula, Carabost and Laurel Hill regions.
“To work with rural and urban communities to achieve a viable and productive environment for present and future generations.”
The Tarcutta Valley Landcare Group follows a process to meet their vision:
*Work cooperatively to identify the needs of the catchment and the community
* Develop local projects and source funding to enhance catchment initiatives
* Form a taskforce with the Tarcutta Valley community to implement activities and coordinate the preparation of projects
* Monitor, evaluate and report on the progress of strategies and projects
* Provide forums to discuss natural resource management and other issues relevant to members
Benefits of joining the Tarcutta Valley Landcare Network
- Being active in the community and physically seeing the social and environmental outcomes of a project;
- Sharing information at meetings, field days and member BBQ’s;
- Gaining hands on experience in applying for funding, managing and evaluating projects;
- Ownership and pride of the groups aims and objectives developed by members;
- Working with and receiving support from the Murrumbidgee CMA Community Support Officer;
- Involvement with and discussion of other issues affecting members and the community;
- Meeting locals, sharing knowledge and helping to direct.