Tarcutta Railway Station
The Tarcutta Railway Station was on the Tumbarumba branch and extends from the major inland city of Wagga Wagga in the state’s central south to the small town of Tumbarumba in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. From Wagga, the line meanders through rolling hills to Tarcutta. Beyond here, the the line follows the Umbango Creek valley. The line briefly enters forested country before paralleling the main road before terminating in the hills above Tumbarumba.
Much of the line was abandoned after it was damaged by floods in 1974. The rest was closed in 1987.
5-Apr-1917 Opened as Upper Tarcutta
31-May-1925 Renamed Tarcutta
Unknown when closed
A 76m up side platform. Opposite were loop and goods sidings, the latter with a gantry crane, goods shed and loading bank. At the down end of the yard was a stock siding and stockyards.
In 1999, the station area was fenced off and being used as a works area. The platform and station building were still present, as well as an approach signal. The southern end of the yard is under the Hume Highway. The station burnt down on 16/01/2001. The 6-lever frame was removed in May 2002 for preservation.